Hair Collage!

Hair Collage!

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Random Reflection Ramble: Growing Up




As of 2:53 am EST, I have made more steps towards becoming a real adult. Most importantly, I changed the juvenile voicemail that I've had for the past 8ish years. No more, "Hello? . . . . haha I'm not here! Leave a message." My new voicemail is simple and professional with a smidge of personality. All I say is "Hi, sorry I missed your call. Please leave a message after the beep and I'll get back to you as soon as possible." Very simple, but my vocal inflection makes all the difference in this message.

Two shifts at my old job reminded me of how much I dread going to work there. I feel genuine unhappiness thinking about my next shift. It's so bad that if I'm out and hear a song that plays there, I start to feel anxious and upset. No bueno. So today I put down the GRE books for a bit and started aggressively applying for jobs. Both jobs are very different, but I would love to work at either place. The idea of earning a salary is so thrilling for a minimum-wage gal like myself. 







Update: June 4, 2012 1:28. Just applied for my number one choice job. *GULP* Their website is amazing and by far THE BEST that I've seen in my job application process. Why can't other companies be this awesome? I know you shouldn't get too attached to jobs in the application process but I think I'll be genuinely heartbroken if I don't get this job. But I won't think that way. Positive thoughts. Inhale. Exhale. 

No comments:

Post a Comment