Hair Collage!

Hair Collage!

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Modified Twist-Out


Since my MC (mini-chop) on Saturday I've been doing twist-outs. While they've given me great definition. . . I can't figure out a way to make them last more than one day. I think it's because I haven't been using anything but water, a leave in and P. Mitchell skinny serum to seal. So tonight/this morning I decided to try something different. 

Before: 40ish plaits and the products listed above
Today: Curly Nikki and I seem to have a similar hair texture so I decided to modify her twist-n-curl method. I used 19 plaits (8 in the back, 3 above both ears and 5 down the center) and used the products listed above plus TIGI Foxy Curls Contour Cream. I also tied my hair down with my silk headband. 

I'll be back later with results.


UPDATE: So I left the twists in for an entire day and they were completely dry when I untwisted them Tuesday morning. I have to say, this was by far the best twist-out that I've EVER done. Especially since it took less time and looked better. Plus there was less tangling and the twists really played off my natural texture. I'm planning to re-do these twists next week so that I can re-do the look for my brothers honor society induction (YAY!). 

No comments:

Post a Comment