Hair Collage!

Hair Collage!

Friday, May 25, 2012

Quick Thought: Why I don't shop online

Or rather, why I don't buy my hair products online. I'm not trying to knock others who do, but that's just not for me. Mainly I don't do it because I am frugal, economically aware, cheap. I barely even want to pay sales tax when I make a purchase so the idea of paying shipping is just absurd to me. Also, I don't like the idea of having to wait for products. Sometimes I buy stuff in the store and I'm walking out the store smoothing on a little of the product.


My Staple!
I mainly shop at the four stores stores above. I mainly shop at Ulta and Trade Secret during the Liter sale in July (or sometime in the summer?) so that I can get my Joico (Moisture recovery and K-pak) Liters half price. I usually stock up during this sale so that I don't have to buy any again during the year. During the last liter sale I got a little too crazy *guilty look* so I think I'll wait for next years sale.   I prefer to purchase my Joico products from authorized sellers such as Ulta and Trade Secret. I bought Joico K-pak Reconstructor from a random BSS in NYC. The product was very watery (literally), runny and chunky --- nothing like the Reconstructors that I've bought before. I'm sure this product was not returned because the store has a no return policy. 
For example, I have always wanted to try Oyin Handmade Juice and Berries. But I can't justify dropping $6.40 on top of $11.00  (as per CurlMarts shipping) just to try out this product.


Now that I've said all of that, the one and only  product that I gladly buy online is Silk Amino Acids from Lotion Crafters (www.lotioncrafters.com). This product is amazing because it makes my hair smooth and easy to detangle. I typically put one or two squirts in the liter bottle above. SAA's are very potent so only a little is needed to be effective. 

No comments:

Post a Comment