Hair Collage!

Hair Collage!

Friday, May 25, 2012

Initial Thoughts: TIGI Ego Boost

I also bought this at Target during my trip on 5/24. I paid about 18 USD and was able to get it in a vacuum sealed pack that had two for the price of one (that is why you should always check the ends of the book ends of the aisles for extra deals!). I have been DESPERATE to find a good leave in conditioner. The smell on this product is very nice! It's not nearly as sweet as the Foxy Curls Cream (post about it here). . . it's more of a light typical hair product smell. I put about a pea sized amount in my bang and it left my hair feeling very smooth and moisturized, not sticky like the HE and PM ones below do.

To date I have tried Paul Mitchell, Garnier Fructis, Herbal Essences and they have all been major FAILS! Boo hiss!

These are all products that I have either seen work for people with similar hair-types online and in person. I remember how excited I was to finally find the Herbal Essences leave-in, especially since the women on the forums were stock-piling it and driving to various Targets and drugstores in search of this "HG" (holy-grail, basically means amazing) product. I tried it and I decided to swear off Herbal Essences after using the HE leave-in above and HE Hello Hydration. I also decided to stop trying to mold my hair journey/regimen off of others.

Back on topic. I have only tried this product once so it's too early for a definite verdict, but I hope it's the leave in that I've been searching for. I don't buy that whole split end mending BS; I'm just concerned about the leave-in aspect of it.

Speaking about split ends, I HATE when products claim to mend split ends. Split ends are already damaged, so the only way to get rid of them is to cut them off. To me it's like ripping a sheet of paper, gluing it back with Elmers glue and then declaring the paper whole again. Stupid.

Update: May 28, 2012

I've used this product three times now and I'm loving it so far. Last night I washed with Joico's Moisture Recovery Conditioner, applied the TIGI leave and sealed with John Frieda's Super Skinny serum. Today my hair feels very moisturized and supple. I love it :D

No comments:

Post a Comment