Hair Collage!

Hair Collage!

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Curlformer Fails

So I've been playing around with my set of Extra Wide, Extra Long Curlformers for almost 2 weeks now. I've had 3 major fails, 1 semi-fail and 1 semi success. Lets get the bad out of the way first.

For each set I used Matrix Biolage Leave-in and Paul Mitchell Skinny Serum.

1. Curlformers on Blowdried hair.

Unfortunately I have no pictures of this one so you'll have to take my word for it. But trust me, there was not a curl in sight, not even a wave. How my hair went in, is how it came out. LOL. I decided to get experimental on Christmas Day so instead of bouncy curls I had a bun. Ce la vie.

2. Curlformers + Jane Carter Wrap & Roll  Foam.

As soon as I took the Curlformers out
Later that night when I got back home!

This was great when I first took the CF's out. Two CF's didn't dry, but I was willing to tuck them under and KIM. What I couldn't ignore was that when I came home from work my hair had lost its oomph. It was no longer shiny, bouncy and defined. Boo.

3. Curlformers + Kiss My Face Upper Management Gel.

Errr, this just ran across my mind. It gave a nice soft hold, but was a little flaky. I'll revisit this with pictures later.

4. Curlformers + Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Gel. Horror of horrors.



I was originally going to do this set with Ecostyler Argan Oil Gel, but I saw this tucked in my stash and decided to give it a shot. I DC'd before this set with Matrix Conditioning Balm and thought I rinsed all the DC out. As I smoothed the GF gel through my hair I saw a few white spots, picked out what I could and KIM. I figured the rest would dissolve and wouldn't be obvious in the morning.





After an hour sans CF's, 10 minutes before leaving I decided to separate my curls. When I looked in the mirror I was horrified. Hard little white flakes had formed throughout my head. A little picking, scratching and frantic shaking wouldn't get them off as each one was attached to a strand. Washing was not a option due to limited time and 18 degree weather. So I held my head high, went to work and spent the day reclined so that I was never in direct light. HAM.

No comments:

Post a Comment