Hair Collage!

Hair Collage!

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Quick Thought

I've been natural most of my life (only relaxed between 16-19) but I spent many of the years before my relaxer coveting relaxed hair. I loved everything about the mythical relaxed head of hair. No more frizzy halo of hair after gym class. No more long detangling sessions between my mom's legs cringing at every tangle.

I enjoyed my relaxed hair until it began to thin. Three years later I realized relaxed hair (for my head), wasn't all that I'd made it out to be. My hair was thin. I had three spots on my hairline that were thinning and I had to strategically style my hair. Hmm this part is too close my center thin spot, but it's also reall close to the thin spot on the right. 

Now almost 3.5 years post relaxer, I feel natural. At peace. Slicked down hair feels strange on me. I don't recognize myself with straight hair. It makes me feel weird, like a child looking at pictures of their mother before they were born.



*Sidenote: I'm not a fan of the natural nazi movement lol. I've seen many gorgeous relaxed heads on the forum, relaxed hair just isn't feasible for me. HHJ!

No comments:

Post a Comment