Hair Collage!

Hair Collage!

Monday, September 23, 2013

3 things this PJ can't toss

One of the important things about being natural having hair on your head, is testing out products. Hopefully after all of your testing you'll end with a few products you like and maybe even a holy grail (HG) item or two. But you'll also end up with a few products that you didn't like/can't return/don't have anyone to give to/don't need, but can't part with. Thankfully my list is short but mine are:


1. Flexi-Rods. I'll be honest. At this point in time curling my hair with flexirods is on my "Ain't nobody got time for that" list. Plus my roots like to do their own thing. Sometimes they fall in line. Other times, I'm walking around with wet roots and a dry faux W&G. I also think they're too large for any style I'd want to achieve, but they still rest in my bottom drawer approx 2-3 years after purchase. Oops.


2. Jane Carter Nourish & Shine. Possibly the first product I bought post BC. Unfortunately the jar still has about 3.9 of its original 4.0 oz. It's too finicky for my taste. It doesn't like to be used with any of my leave-ins. Defiance or absurd optimism is rewarded with dull, grayish hair. Butters make my hair fall into limp stringy curls. I can only use them to slick down a bun/ponytail when I don't plan to wear my hair out again. Sometimes I can get away with using a little JCNS if I wet my hair first, but I don't always have time for that.


3. Bed Head TIGI Foxy Curls. No on all levels. Another rookie mistake. To keep it 100% honest, I can't remember why I don't like this product. But, I do remember not liking the stiffness that it gave my hair. I typically used it for braidouts, and it did me no favors. I'm about to empty the bottle when I get up and use it for my homemade TJ Nourish & Spa leave-in.



No comments:

Post a Comment