Hair Collage!

Hair Collage!

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Making the Expensive, Inexpensive

When I was a kid my Mom always said, "Everything always comes on sale. Don't pay retail." I didn't realize how true this was until I got older and saw the light. With that said, wait and buy your staples, Pj spree items etc on sale!

My best weapon is that I have my staples and I rarely deviate. I'm also a coupon/discount code/sale fiend. No sale = adiĆ³s! I am very strict about following sale cycles and will not buy one of the items below until it's on sale.


Joico- I buy this once a year at the Ulta BOGO Liter sale. FYI Ulta does not sell most salon products online. My favorite in this line is the K-Pak, but the Moisture line is also good.



Matrix Biolage- I bought this during the Ulta Buy 2 get 1 sale. My leave-in tonic is about 1/2 a liter so the BOGO isn't applicable to this. If I had to guess, I'd say this deal comes around once every 3,4 months. I bought three bottles for about $13 each. This lasts forever since I use it by the TBSP.



Paul Mitchell- Also bought during the Buy 2 get 1.



Kinky Curly- I just started using this in 2013 so the best deal I've gotten so far was a Target buy 2 get a $5 gift card. I also combine this with my Target card for 5% back.

And for the NHR category, I get all of my ZOYA nail products during their BOGOs. As far as I know, they have a Black Friday sale and Earth Day. However, I'm sure there are more since they're very generous with their great polishes!

The other time of year I look forward to is the PJ Day AKA Black Friday! Miss Jessie's is known to offer a BOGO on her products, Curlmart usually has a 20% off coupon, Curlformers has a 20% and the list goes on. I've already started working on my PJ list which only has Kinky Curly and Curlformers. For now.

All items were purchased by me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment