Hair Collage!

Hair Collage!

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

How I Tricked Myself Into Drinking a Liter+ a Day

I have a confession. I have always hated drinking water. I know it's good for your body, skin, hair etc. but I could never bring myself to drink a glass of it unless I was forced to (by my water loving Mom) or felt nauseas.

Over the years I've gotten started on mini-water kicks, but I've never managed to follow through.

How's that for a daily affirmation?
In college, I bought the 12 ounce glass on the right and vowed to drink 3 glasses of water out of it every day. The idea was that I'd drink one in the morning before class and then drink two when I got back from class. This was a great idea in theory, but then school took over and I found myself rolling out of bed at 10:40 for my 11:00 class all the way on the other side of campus.

So I ditched the water again, except for a glass of water here or there at a restaurant, a sip at a water fountain or a liter bottle of the $4.00 infamous smart water that my university gouged its students for.








1.5 Liters
This went on until about two months ago when I bought my first bottle of Fiji water. The only reason I was initially interested in Fiji was due to the Silica and other minerals inside (which are supposedly great for hair nourishment/growth). I did feel a little snobbish taking my overpriced water to the register for the first time. But then I opened the bottle, took that first sip which changed everything. After drinking Fiji, I can't drink water from the tap or in restaurants. It must be Fiji, water from my Brita pitcher (which has gotten more use in the last two months than it has in the five years I've owned it) or smart water. Call me crazy, or say that I've bought into the hype but I can really taste the difference and it makes drinking water much more pleasant (though not entirely enjoyable).






Probably the best water-bottle I've ever bought
Now onto the trick. I bought the bottle above, which is 24 ounces. A liter is 33.blahblahblah ounces, so I drink three of the above bottle every day, which brings me to 72 ounces for the day which is about 2.5 liters. I am not an extremely competitive person, but I am a person of my word. I committed to drinking three bottles of water each day and the fact that I gave my word (even if only to myself) makes it very hard for me not to drink the water. It's very easy since I stockpiled Fiji during a supermarket sale and all I have to do with my Brita is pour.

No comments:

Post a Comment