Hair Collage!

Hair Collage!

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Strand Tests: Why They're Important

The PJ inside of me loves getting new products. I used to run home, jump in the shower (or dunk my head under the tap) and slather on my new product.


But after the Aveda Disaster I had to stop doing that. Otherwise, I was going to end up with severely damaged, thin hair. If I did a test patch I could have:
  • Saved myself HOURS, yes hours, of detangling
  • Prevented the need to cut 2-3 inches of my newly BSL hair.
  • Saved my hair from TONS of split ends and mid-shaft splits, most likely caused from poor detangling.
Now every time my PJ fingers get the urge to slather anything on, I just think Aveda and slow down.

Before I use anything on my hair, I do a test patch. My strand test section is below. I chose that spot because it's small, discreet and combines my 3C and 4A sections. Perfect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment